This Policy was last changed on September 26, 2016
Healthbook Services may include, without limitation, tools, applications, email services, bulletin and message boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, and downloadable mobile applications related to the Sites or provided through the Sites.
To be clear about the terminology we are using, when we use the phrase "Personal Information" in this Policy, we mean information that can be used to identify or contact a person, like a person’s full name, address, e-mail address, or phone number. When we use the phrase "Anonymous Information" in this Policy, we mean information that cannot reasonably be used to identify individual persons.
By visiting this Site or using the Services, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this Policy. Each time you visit the Site or use the Services, you agree and expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this Policy.
Your Personal Information will be processed by us in the United States and European Union.
In addition to this general Policy, each Service may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to the particular Service. These supplemental disclosures are made adjacent to the particular Service at the time we collect the information. These supplemental disclosures also govern the use of your information.
1. How We Gather Information
We collect information about you in the following ways:
A. Information you voluntarily provide us
We collect and maintain information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Sites and Services. For example:
- when you register for a Site, you may provide us certain information including your name, email address, screen name, password, demographic information and the health topics that interest you;
- to engage a Site's social networking function, you may add to your profile by providing information about your interests or health topics. For example, your profile may list your preferred health topics;
- if you are answering health risk assessment questioner, you may provide us with personal health parameters,that will be used to provide you nessesary health information;
- if you sign up to receive a newsletter, enter a contest or participate in social networking activities, you may provide us contact information (e.g., email or physical address);
- you may provide us with Personal Information in the course of email, customer support interactions and surveys.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may stop you from gaining access to a Service or limit the features that you can use. For more information, please see the How We Use Your Information section below.
B. Information we collect through your use of the Site.
As you use the Site and Services, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels, beacons, log files and other technologies, we may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider’s utilized and other similar information. This information allows us to deliver more helpful information, programs, tools and advertisements. Please see the Cookies and Targeted Advertising sections below for more information.
C. Information we receive from third parties.
We may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties with the information we have already collected from you via our Sites and Services. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes including to verify other information about you (e.g., verify your mailing address to send you requested products or services) and to enhance the content and advertising we provide to you.
2. How We Use Your Information
We will use your Personal Information in the ways described below or described at the time that the information is collected.
A. To Provide the Sites and Services.
In general, we use your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate for purposes including to:
- provide personalized health information;
- administer your account;
- register you and provide you access to the Site or Services;
- respond to inquiries or requests that you direct to us;
- fulfill your requests for products or services;
- send communications and administrative emails about the Sites or Services;
- personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Sites and Services for your use;
- send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information regarding opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
- improve the quality of the Site and the Services, and analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Site and Services.
B . Advertising.
We believe that advertising is more interesting to you when it is relevant. Accordingly, we customize the advertisements that you see based upon:
- the information that you provide us (e.g., age, gender, stated health interests and other information in your profile);
- geographic location information, which we may determine through your IP address, from your mobile device, or other ways;
- data we receive from third parties or;
- your visits on the Sites or use of Services (commonly referred to as "Behavioral Advertising").
3. Cookies and Targeted Advertising
A. Cookies, Web Beacons and IP Address Information
Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser's directions within the help tab. In order to use certain Services offered through the Sites, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Sites may not work properly, and you may not be able to access our Services.
An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We, or our service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Sites or Services or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements.
B. Targeted Advertising
C. Information Collected by Third Party Advertisers
4. Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances:
- with your express consent
- when we have a good faith belief it is required by law
- when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property
- to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets
- to Agents and Contractors who work on our behalf or help us to operate our business, the Sites and the Services
- we may share aggregated Anonymous Information about you with third parties. Aggregated information is your Anonymous Information that is combined with the Anonymous Information of other users.
Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so. If you do not want us to use or disclose Personal Information collected about you in the ways identified in this Policy, you should not use the Site or Services.
5. Message Boards, Chats and Blog’s
We may make message boards, chat rooms, blog’s and other interactive forums available as part of the Services. You should be aware that any information which you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Site or Services. By using these interactive forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
6. Children's Information
The Site and Services are not directed or intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such child's information from our systems.
7. Updating and Control of Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from us you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail or newsletter you receive or by sending your request to customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your Personal Information changes or if you no longer desire to display information on the Sites or Services, we encourage you to correct, update or remove Personal Information from your profile. This can be done by sending your request to email@example.com.
Keep in mind, however, that even if you delete information from your profile, we may retain your Personal Information in conformance with our data retention policy and Personal Information may remain within our databases, access logs, and other records. In addition, we are not responsible for updating or removing your Personal Information contained in the lists or databases of third parties who have been provided information as permitted by this Policy.
8. Third Party Links
The Sites may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Sites or Services and does not apply to these third party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Sites or Services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations or their content.
We care about your security and privacy as much as you do.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, security logs and data stored on our Site. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error. Still we do our best to make sure your data is and remains 100% confidential.
We do everything possible to protect your data.
Healthbook’s protection includes using secure encrypted communications like HTTPS and tools like communication filters and firewalls. Our servers are located at a high grade security data centre. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and you happens mostly over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We create and maintain as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
10. How To Contact Us
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.